One of my single male friends asked me what I’d recommend he do on a second date to ensure he gets another one so here they are my 5 rules for a second date -
1) Impress her – take her for dinner somewhere nice or do something different like a walk in the countryside followed by lunch Do not ask her to decide where you should go and at what time, by all means ask her what she’d prefer to eat or about her likes/dislikes but be a man make the plan!
2) Even though most girls would agree chivalry is most certainly dead it doesn’t mean they won’t appreciate a gentleman with manners so open doors, walk her to her car, stand up when she gets up to leave a table, walk on the road side of your date when walking down the street. Manners are small and cost nothing but speak volumes about who you are, what values you have and how you treat people in your life.
3) Listen to her and find out what’s important in her life. Recently I was very impressed when a guy remembered what I had said I liked on our second date and was able to then incorporate it into our third date. Small things make a huge difference.
4) Make her laugh. I’m not saying you have to be a stand up comedian just relax, be yourself and enjoy spending time with her. Laughter is the best aphrodisiac so if you can make her giggle even at your own expense then great. On my best dates ever (only 2 in total) I have ended up with hiccups from laughing too much – this is a very good sign!
5) If you enjoyed her company at the end of the date then ask her for a third one. If you play it cool then not only might you miss out on a kiss at the end of the night but also she might get snapped up by someone who did ask about a third date there and then! This happened to me recently. Fellas you snooze you lose! ;-)
Happy dating folks!